Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

3/08/2012

chicken satay.

I can't believe I've never posted my recipe for chicken satay but it is one of my favorites and something I can make for company or for a weeknight meal since all ingredients are on hand.  Add a cucumber salad (recipe to come) and some rice (I love the microwave frozen rice from Trader Joe's since I am rice-inept except for the crock pot).  A crisp white wine or beer and it is better than Thai takeout....
chicken satay.
*serves 1
1 boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into strips)
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp hot sauce (I use either Trader Joe's or siracha)
1 tbsp neutral oil like canola or grapeseed
1/2 tbsp soy sauce
In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, hot sauce, oil and soy sauce.  Microwave the peanut butter if it is too firm.  Stir to blend well.  Arrange chicken breast strips in a ziplock bag or airtight container and pour marinade over them.  Chill at least 2 hours or all day.  
 After marinading, preheat grill pan to medium heat.   If using wood skewers, soak in water for at least 1 hour before you are ready to cook.  I forgot to do this so there are no skewers in my pictures!  Skewer the chicken and cook about 4-5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the strip.  Allow to rest for a couple minutes before serving.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment